Do you have a thirst for knowledge and great skills in written communication? Are you looking for experience in the charity sector? Do you want to help a small Coventry charity raise more funds for its work with women at risk of sexual exploitation? If yes to any of the above, you could be the person for us!
We are looking for a female Fundraising and Research Intern to join the office team 7 hours a week, working alongside the Director. You will help generate funds for Kairos’ work and projects, as well as assist in raising the profile of the organisation. The role will provide a range of experiences for someone wishing to pursue a career in the charity sector or relevant fields. This is a voluntary position, but expenses can be reimbursed (in accordance with our expenses policy) if required.
suitable candidates will have:
• A commitment to the values and ethos of Kairos WWT
• Strong communication skills, being highly competent in written English language, written and spoken
• Excellent attention to detail, organisational and time management skills with the ability to manage a varied workload
• Numerate, with ability to understand basic financial information
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Highly motivated and happy to work on your own initiative on a variety of tasks as requested
• Commitment to strictly adhere to Kairos confidentiality and data protection policies
what will i be doing?
• Researching new or ongoing funding opportunities through online databases, sector press and subscription services
• Maintaining accurate and comprehensive records in relation to all fundraising and marketing activity
• Support the Director to develop funding proposals and information to use in proposals, and reports to funders
• Generating and posting content for social media and other marketing opportunities that may arise
• Providing general administrative support as required
I’m interested – how do I apply or find out more?
Email Rosie at email@example.com if you have any questions or would like to find out more information.
If you are accepted as a KairosWWT intern, you will need to attend some mandatory training and also be willing to engage in regular supervisions.
Deadline for applications is midday Monday 27th August, and it is hoped the successful candidate can start as early as possible in September. We look forward to hearing from you!